Sunday, July 10, 2005

my first fitting with Veluz Reyes

my mom and i went to see Veluz this morning for my first fitting. yup, my mom was able to accompany me. am sooo happy! :)

from the backVeluz was already up and about and she immediately ushered us directly into her fitting room. there it was on the hanger, in plain muslin (or katsa as we call it). Veluz helped me first with the petticoat, then with the muslin.

it was amazing how the lining was a perfect fit! she only had to make a few tucks here and there, nothing major really. i loved it, even if it was only the lining pa lang. i can already imagine how it would look like with all the embroidery and embellishments. it just took my breath away! (see more photos of my first fitting HERE.)

although i would be wearing a simple empire cut gown, Veluz said that i still needed to wear a petticoat to add some form to the gown. she pointed out that while walking down the aisle, the skirt especially gets dragged towards the back because of its weight. this will definitely not look good daw in the pictures as it would seem like you're wearing a very straight skirt.

lining swatches now finished with the muslin lining, Veluz gave me swatches of the cloths needed for the shantung lining. there were three types of cloth (8 yards each, 60" width) that i had to buy -- frosted organza, off-white shantung and light satin. she gave us expected prices for these cloths so we'd know if we bought them at the right cost. (more individual shots of the swatches can be viewed HERE.)

Veluz is such an angel! as i have said before, she is never selfish with her ideas. she also suggested some tips in coming up with unique yet functional give-aways for the guests. i found them to be real refreshing as they were not the conventional things that you'd get at a wedding. i have some ideas up my sleeve but will have to discuss this pa with Joseph.

we're going back to Divisoria on Wednesday to buy the cloths for my gown lining and maybe order packaging material as well for the give-aways. that is IF Joseph will be amenable to my suggestion. i'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

we will be going back to Veluz next Sunday to deliver the cloths and will be returning a week after for the shantung fitting on the 24th.

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory