Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Year That Was

I got this tag from Jean. Here are my reflections for 2007. Feel free to tag yourself on this. :)

1.) WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2007 THAT YOU’D NEVER DONE BEFORE?

Become a mother to our daughter, Erin Chloe. And joined the paid posting bandwagon. :D

2.) DID YOU KEEP YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS AND WILL YOU MAKE MORE FOR NEXT YEAR?

I didn't make any new year's resolution then. Maybe this year I will. Need to work on a lot of things.

3.) DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU GIVE BIRTH?

Yes! My good friend Lam, my brother-in-law's wife R, and our kumare J.

4.) DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU DIE?

Not really close to me, but more like close to our family. He was the brother-in-law of my maternal grandfather.

5.) WHAT COUNTRIES AND CITIES DID YOU VISIT?

Oh dear, not much! It's just Manila and Sydney. After giving birth to Erin in March last year, we've pretty much been stuck in the ACT.

6.) WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN 2008 THAT YOU LACKED IN 2007?

Since we are going home to the Philippines in May, definitely more time with our families, especially now that we have Erin. Also, hopefully more travelling too with the little girl in tow. And yes, more time for J and myself.

7.) WHAT DATE FROM 2007 WILL REMAIN ETCHED IN YOUR MEMORY AND WHY?

The 18th of March -- the day Erin was born.

8.) WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR?

Giving birth to Erin normally without any meds, all in a span of 5 hours (including labor).

9.) BIGGEST FAILURE?

Sometimes losing patience in caring for the little girl. It can be frustrating at times as mood swings have been quite extreme.

10.) DID YOU SUFFER ILLNESS OR INJURY?

Yes! I had gastroenteritis in early spring. Had the cough and colds in the last week of December.

11.) BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?

My laptop! :D

12.) WHERE DID MOST OF YOUR MONEY GO?

My laptop. Everything I earned from paid posting was used to purchase it. Had also a change of wardrobe because of the weight I gained post-pregnancy.

13.) WHAT DID YOU GET REALLY REALLY EXCITED ABOUT?

Having our very first child, being parents and witnessing the changes in Erin every single day.

14.) WHAT SONG WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF 2007?

I haven't been listening to music that much. So I'm passing on this one.

15.) WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU’D DONE MORE OF?

Sleep! :P

16.) WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU’D DONE LESS OF?

Worrying too much.

17.) DID YOU FALL IN LOVE IN 2007?

Yes, with a little human being named Erin Chloe. :D

18.) WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TV PROGRAM?

Oh, lots! But recently, we are so hooked on Ramsay's Kitchen Disaster's.

19.) DID YOU HATE ANYONE NOW THAT YOU DID NOT HATE IN THE LAST YEAR?

You bet!

20.) BEST BOOK READ?

I haven't read much this year because I've been really busy with Erin. The last one I enjoyed reading so much was David Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim.

21.) GREATEST MUSICAL DISCOVERY

I'm not much of music fan of late. So none.

22.) WHAT DID YOU WANT AND GET?

A child of our own and a laptop.

23.) WHAT DID YOU WANT AND NOT GET?

Time off from the busy home life and a driver's license. And maybe one of those HDMI switches too.

24.) FAVORITE FILM OF THE YEAR?

I haven't been to the cinemas in ages! I'm passing on this one too. :(

25.) WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY? HOW OLD WERE YOU?

We ate dinner in a quiet Thai restaurant. I was nine months pregnant then.

26.) WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE MADE YOUR YEAR IMMEASURABLY MORE SATISFYING?

It would have been great had we spent our Christmas vacation in the Philippines with our families.

27.) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL FASHION CONCEPT IN 2007?

I changed wardrobes several times -- from maternity wear to post-pregnancy clothes. As to style, I am still as conservative as ever.

28.) WHAT KEPT YOU SANE?

J, television, and the internet.

29.) DID YOU MEET NEW FRIENDS?

Yes, quite a bit.

30.) QUOTE A SONG LYRIC THAT SUMS UP YOUR YEAR:

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory