Monday, January 7, 2008

Baking Mood

I was in the 'baking' mood yesterday and asked J to watch over Erin while I whipped up a batch of banana bread muffins. I got the recipe from Chef Reggie Aspiras' book, which was a compilation of her articles in the Philippine Daily Inquirer. It was a going-away gift given to me by my mom before I left the Philippines in 2006.

The recipe was quick and easy, which was why I decided to do it. Anything more complicated than that would have made me looking in a different direction instantly.


I did not have any loaf pans, which was why we had muffins instead. There weren't any walnuts in our pantry, so it was nut-free. I baked it for 50 minutes (180 degrees C) to achieve that golden brown color. It was not as moist though as I'd hoped it to be. But since the recipe called for Banana Bread and not Banana Cake, I think that answers our question. Having said that though, it turned out to be real yummy for a bread. :)

Here's the original recipe:

Banana Bread

5 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c softened butter
1 c sugar
3 eggs
1 c mashed ripe bananas
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan.

In a mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 10 minutes. Beat in eggs, bananas, sour cream, and baking soda. Add in sifted flour and baking powder. Fold in nuts.

Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory