Sunday, December 16, 2007

NZ in a flash

My friend L rang me up the other day asking about Australian tourist visas because her mother-in-law from Sri Lanka was coming over for a visit. She was asking what most tourists do if they want to stay in Oz for more than 3 months of what the Immigration Department has given them. I suggested that they could exit Oz for a week or so and just come back after since their visa is good for multiple entry for a year. They could visit the neighboring countries like Singapore and New Zealand.

If I were her MIL, I'd choose NZ in a flash. I have watched and read so many good things about New Zealand and find it to be a top destination on my list. The country's not so big so probably a week is enough to go around the major cities. And as for a place to stay, I am sure there are lots of New Zealand hotels to choose from. While she's city hopping, she can just hotel hop as well by booking a room at one of the Auckland hotels, Christchurch hotels, and Wellington hotels.

Here's a few must-see places in NZ: Tongariro, Te Wahipounamu, and Subantarctic Islands. They are all world heritage sites so she definitely must put them on her itinerary. I am sure I will!

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory