Wednesday, October 19, 2005

it's official!

yup, i have finally tendered my resignation today from our department. after serving as one of their staff therapists for six years, i informed our department head of my intentions and she wished me good luck in all my future endeavors.

in a way, it's a relief to finally get some rest. all this stress from work, wedding preps and visa application has taken a toll on me. i haven't been feeling "healthy" these days. :(

but it is with no doubt that i will surely miss the clinic and my work. for one thing, it has been a pleasure to have worked for our department head who is a noted author of local reviewers for us therapists. she is an amazing woman really and you can't help but just admire her.

then of course, there are my colleagues. the long-time chief PT of our clinic has become a real good friend over the years. she's even my kumare as she asked me to be one of her daughter's godmother.

and yes, the patients! as therapists, we get to meet lots of people. as in, a whole lot! and with that, we have to learn how to work with them. some can be quite difficult to manage, while some are so easy to work with. it can be like a roller coaster ride, believe me.

what's good about treating adults with just physical dysfunctions is that you still can relate to them on everyday stuff. you get to talk about life and they even advise me on certain things. so it doesn't feel like work at all! :)

i love it that i can help these people. even more, when i see improvements in their condition. it feels great knowing that you've educated them on how to properly handle themselves and cope with their present status. all that is enough to warm my heart and no monetary value can ever compensate for that.

i leave the department next month on a sad note and with a heavy heart. but life goes on and i must go where my destiny leads me -- to be with my husband. it's time to move on to a new chapter in my life -- to be a wife and a mother to our future children. to quote my boss, "it's long overdue!" i totally agree! :)

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory