Sunday, October 30, 2005

Final Fitting with Veluz Reyes

it was a very exciting afternoon for us. i was scheduled to fit my already assembled piña gown with all the embroidery. the suspense was actually killing us because when we got to Veluz' house in Las Piñas, she informed me that she picked out and brought someone else's gown with her home. and so, we had to wait for Niko, her assistant, to bring it to us, along with my shoes.

while waiting, i met Malou, a fellow w@wie who was also scheduled for her first fitting. she was with her mom. sayang, we didn't get to talk much kasi we were all so busy with the fittings.

Niko finally came 30 minutes later, but since Veluz had to finish up with Malou, it took us another 30 minutes before i could finally fit the gown and shoes. but it was all so worth the wait! take a look! (just a sneak peek ha. i don't want to spoil the surprise!)


embroidery along the hemline


it was as Veluz described it. it was densely embroidered but, oh so exquisite! no wonder, Veluz told me that she was going to "kill me." the beadwork would definitely also be as extensive. she told me that she will recompute the fee for beading because this was more than the agreed upon amount. i hope she won't be asking too much.

apparently, i had grown thinner since the last time i visited Veluz. the bodice was a little bit loose probably also because i had already worn the corset that i was going to wear on our wedding day. she just told me to maintain my present size. otherwise, she jokingly told me she was going to "kill me" once again. sigh! all these preparations does get to me pala. stress is such an effective means of losing weight!

now the shoes. they were a perfect fit and i found them to be very comfortable! the same pattern from my gown was sewn on the edges. aren't they sexy? ;)




my shoes!


and to top it all off, Veluz told me that they have a hairpiece for me. it was made by Niko. this daw was their gift to all the w@wies who got her as their designer. she showed me a sample and even tried to put it on my hair to demonstrate how lovely it looked. this will come with pearls as well since my gown will be beaded also with pearls.


hairpiece by Niko


i will be back to see Veluz some time next month for my second final fitting. i hope i don't lose or gain too much weight by then. i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory