Tuesday, November 9, 2004

poetry day

it's poetry day today. didn't know what else to post.

it all started in high school when our english teacher encouraged us to write some poetry. that did it me. since then, it has become a hobby, a past-time. it's cathartic, if you ask me.

for starters, here are a few poems i wrote way back in college...

entanglement
entangling the folia of my mind
resembling a huge nimbus
I am confused.
unbelievably happier moments
on wired conversations
transfigures into
utter awkward deafening silence
as we face.
what happened?
what went wrong?
ask me not.
rather
ask him.
~lmyd 080695

vision
the purest of thoughts
unfleetingly lingers
traces of your face
perspectively kept.
time passes
am caught unawares
as though, in isolation
I exist.
trapped, unabled
as the matter of the gray
fades into absolute blackness
yet for a tiny speck of thought
on which a blinding vision
of you
I see.
~lmyd 080695

the following set were created very recently. inspiration was drawn from my other half. ;-)

slave
you haunt me,
in wanton pursuit,
whether in dreams of deep slumber
or in wakened states of consciousness.
a fragment of you,
a reminder everywhere,
i extricate myself.
sheer madness is what it is,
as the vicious cycle
ceases not,
i am enslaved once more.
~ lmyd 062304

bliss
the hot breath of your moist mouth
on my skin,
it tingles with anticipation.
the subtleness of your touch
wreaks havoc yet is sublime.
my lips quiver as they await,
yearning with a thirst
only you can sate.
the absurdity of it all
i care not,
as i ceaselessly wait
for exquisite bliss.
~ lmyd 062304

rain
i drifted into a trance
as drops drummed heavily on the tops
into an emerging realm of boredom.
the swish of rods
hypnotically sway me into absorption
thru perilous depths of thoughts.
swimming, as though drowning,
gracious as the blaring horn jolts me
but still staring blankly
into the immense vast pane.
~ lmyd 062304

first meeting
thunderous beating
pounding in my ears
bursting with emotion.
walking hesitantly
stealing glances
through the screen.
meeting of the eyes,
body and soul
coalesce into one.
~ lmyd 082904

that's enough literature for one day. it's raining outside. very ideal weather for curling up next to a warm body. sadly, my warm body is far away. it's times like these (among other things) that i miss him so much. can't wait for december.

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory