Wednesday, May 25, 2005

update on piña silk

after numerous emails and responses, it seems like i will be sourcing our piña silk from La Herminia. veluz initially advised me to ask their price for 60 inches width for piña silk since i will be able to save more if i got it at 60". she tipped me that her supplier sold it for Php 700 per yard of 60" width.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comso yesterday, i emailed arlyne of la herminia and she told me that they sold it at PhP 700 per yard too. great! since there is no difference in price, i am now more inclined to get from la herminia since their manila office is in muntinlupa lang. quite near to our place. veluz's supplier, judging from his landline number, seemed to have his shop in the divisoria area or somewhere thereabouts. too far away from me.

and with that, i told arlyne that i may be ordering in july pa since i still haven't had my measurements taken yet.

********************

speaking of veluz, she wanted to change our working schedule, making it earlier than the one she originally planned. so, instead of having my measurement taken in july 24, she has moved it to june 26. a month earlier, if you notice. that is because she wants us to have ample time for changes, repairs, delays and what-have-you's, just in case the embroiderers won't be able to deliver on time. made perfect sense to me.

here's the new schedule veluz has drawn up for me:
26 June PM - Measurement Taking
10 July - 1st Fitting (muslin)
24 July - 2nd Fitting (shantung)
07 August - 3rd Fitting (shantung)
15 Aug–15 Oct - Period allotted for embroidery
30 October - Final Fitting (piña)
04 December - Delivery/Pick-up
22 December - Wedding Day

based on this new schedule, i will have my final fitting as early as october of this year. this means that i'd have to watch my diet and figure so i can maintain it for two months so that i'd still be able to fit into my gown for the wedding in december. two months!!! gym time!!! hehehehehe!!!!

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory