Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dealing with the law

The thing with working in an industry which involves claims and insurers is that you got to stick to the rules and abide by the laws in order to benefit from it. A colleague of mine deals with a lot of catastrophic claims and she has attended quite a number of sessions in court, having to deal with all the legalities of the matter. You see, she does a lot of functional assessments that are very exacting with their outcomes and some clients just cannot deal with them. I'm pretty sure she had some dealings with an Oakland motorcycle accident lawyer from time to time when clients don't get the results that they wanted.

And while the company is keen about future plans of having me trained and certified to conduct these assessments, dealing with these sorts of people is not something I am prepared to at the moment. Well, at least for now. Maybe when I get up to speed with everything in my profession and I gain more confidence, I will have the guts to face them in the future.

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory