Wednesday, September 21, 2005

filipino time

photo by lojs


in my recent visit to my hometown Cebu, i took the opportunity of meeting up with long-lost friends from high school and college. i was only there for 4 days but i did get to meet most of the people left in Cebu. i said "left" because some of my good friends have already migrated to foreign lands or to neighboring provinces.

i was really excited to get together with them and so every time i set a date with them i hurried with anticipation to get myself ready for the reunion and managed to finish just in time. but alas, i forgot i was in Cebu! it totally slipped my mind that life here was laid back, unlike Manila. things there did not really start on time. this irritated me most.

i have been based here in the big city for almost seven years now and i have therefore grown accustomed to the speed of accomplishing things. i must admit though that i didn't like it here at first because of all the traffic, the pollution and the fact that almost everyone was leading a very hectic lifestyle. but hey, life changes and i am just not used anymore to the slow tempo that their lives in Cebu are led.

so, does that make me a Manila girl now? just wondering...

+++++

Things I Did Today (wedding-related)

  • i met up with Ate Beth de Leon, my embroiderer, and paid her the balance for the embroidery labor fee. we are fully paid na! :) she told me that my gown's all done now. all's left for them to do is embroider the same design on my bag and shoes. she will be delivering them to Veluz next Friday already. naku, i won't be able to see that yet until my final fitting on the last week of October. i am so excited! :)


  • i mailed some of our wedding invitations today to friends and family abroad. so for those concerned, if you're reading this now, do let us know ASAP if you've received it. :) speaking of mail, i learned that one wedding invitation (containing 2 sheets of board paper at 8.5" x 5.5" each plus inner and outer envelopes) costs P43 at the post office if you're going to send it abroad. and since i was sending around 8 invites this morning, it amounted to almost 500 pesos. mahal na talaga ngayon. :(
  • 0 comments:

     

    Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory