Thursday, June 2, 2005

updates

things are looking brighter after finally deciding when and how we will be procuring the cloth for my gown and joseph's barong. i've emailed arlyne (of la herminia) and veluz yesterday and that just about finalized things.

veluz was telling me about the current style for barong called the sinuksok. the design is actually interwoven into the piƱa silk. i've asked la herminia to quote me on this and according to veluz, the price they gave to me was fair enough. since the design is already integrated into the cloth, we might not have to get it embroidered at Lumban anymore. additional expense saved!

we will still push through with Joseph's measurement fitting on the 21st of August and have his final fitting as soon as he gets back from Oz in December. this gives us the chance for Joseph to personally choose the design he likes most. now, this design in turn will be the basis for the embroidery design on my gown so that we'd have similar ones. i'm glad that's settled na.

********************


we still have no florist as of this writing. Petal Patch has already sent me their price quotation based on the requirements i gave them. unfortunately, their price was too steep and way out of our budget. although we know that flowers are a necessity for the wedding, but they're something that we wouldn't want to splurge on. for as long as the flowers are presentable and definitely NOT wilted, that's fine with me. i don't care if they're just local flowers.

incidentally i also inquired with Rey Darocca of Fresh Cut Flowers about his rates. it turns out that his quote is almost half only of Petal Patch's. way tooo big of a difference! in short, i was ecstatic, although i still have yet to see his work. he has also invited me to view his work in an exhibit that will be held this month of June. he was honest to tell me that he has 2 bookings already for december 22 and he is still waiting for the third client to confirm. i hope the third one backs out. wishful thinking lang naman. i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

********************


maiba naman po tayo... i am in the midst now of preparing for a seminar-workshop that i will be giving tomorrow, as part of the Department of Pediatrics' Post-Graduate Course. the outline and content have long been completed. what i'm waiting still for are my visual aids. my co-worker (who has volunteered to do it for me) still cannot submit it to me as of this writing. i am actually pissed because her procrastination has left me hanging in the middle of all this.

here's the story. she was actually the one assigned to make this presentation, but due to other commitments earlier made by her (she has to attend a friend's wedding), i was chosen to do it in her behalf. siguro to lessen the guilt, she has volunteered to do the visual aids for me. this happened last month pa. and now, she can't give me anything yet.

haaay... i should have listened to myself. if you want to get things done, do it yourself na lang talaga. it has always worked for me. now i'm in deep sh*t. wish me luck. i dunno how i'll manage to make this work smoothly tomorrow. i'll keep you guys posted.

0 comments:

 

Best Buy Blogarama - The Blog Directory